Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Back! New Name, Better Game

It's been a long time since I used this blog for Yardbarker, and a lot of things have changed since then, including Yardbarker and my writing skills.

In the past 15 months I joined Sacramento Press to write for the Sacramento Kings' Tyreke Evans Rookie of the Year (RekeROY) campaign, where I met and got to know some of the best basketball writers in Sacramento and from around the country.

Evans won the ROY Award.

After the campaign ended I continued to write for Sacramento Press, mainly about the Kings while earning my Associate's Degree in Journalism at Sacramento City College.

Now I'm rebooting my basketball blog as I prepare to leave for Azusa Pacific University in January. Pre-season doesn't start for over a month but there's always a story in the NBA, no matter how quiet and boring it may seem.

Carmelo Anthony reportedly heading out of Denver, Team USA and the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey, Jamal Crawford wanting to be traded if he doesn't get an extension (more on him later), there's always something, which is why you should check back here often.

There's plenty of ways to follow me and my work in basketball and other sports as well. You can follow me on Twitter and like my fan page on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest updates of when and where I post my stories.

You can also subscribe to this site where it says "Subscribe to Rob on Hoops" in the top-right corner of the page to get my stories via e-mail or use Google Friend Connect on the lower-right side of the page.

My resume blog on Wordpress, The Archives, holds all of my journalistic work from high school up until now. You can find my writing on Sacramento Press, Sactown Royalty and Sac Midtown.

I also post videos on YouTube and pictures on Flickr. Many of the pictures you see on The Archives are on my Flickr account.

Feel free to comment and share my stories if you like it. All I hope is that you'll enjoy your time here, starting on my next post explaining why a Jamal Crawford-Ben Gordon swap would benefit both the Atlanta Hawks and the Detroit Pistons.

No comments: